Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Child Support 3 Advice

I'm on the phone with a good friend last night...we're chatting about the blog and the latest drama between me and dude (it's a blog, I'm allowed to use bad grammar).  My friend is a scorned babydaddy/husband so I guess I should expect a bit of bias coming from him.  But this bit of advice was just too far off the map for me not to get a little pissed about it.  He tells me, "Babygirl,  after allowing dude to get off scot free for so many years without helping, you have absolutely NO right to go after him for support now."  Was he serious?  I would love to say this jerk's name, but I'm sure some who read this blog will know which "white boy" I'm referring to, so I'll leave his irrational thinking behind a mystery. 
Anyway...he says that I should watch out because an act like this would make dude come after me. He starts telling me the story about his ordeal...how when he was going through his drama with his wife he had all kinds of crazy, irrational, retarded, insane thoughts to go after her and just take their child.  OK, so I'm freaking out by this point.  Would dude really Come after me?  Like what does he mean by that...come after me?  So me being the panicky type that I am, I start to check windows, check locks, make it a point to wake up in the morning and take the mirror and look under the car for mysterious activity.  But, almost instantaneously (is that what they mean by bi-polar activity?) the panic mode turns into an angry mode.  How can someone be upset because they have to take care of their responsibility?  The way I see it, he should be happy that he only has a few years left?  Why should I assume all resonsibility?  Am I the crazy one here?  or do I have a right to feel this way?

1 comment:

  1. I doubt he would come after you. I would agree with him if the guy didn't know he had a child out there, and then you sprung it on him. But if he knows, and he's not helping then I understand. I've seen shady business when it comes to child support, but I don't think your situation fits that mold.

    ReplyDelete