Tuesday, April 26, 2011

CHILD SUPPORT 2

I got my paperwork, filled everything out, and turned it in. 

Backtracking...the babydaddy and I had tried again to be cordial and he started to come around and see the son.  They'd hang out, play video games, etc...friend stuff...not really dad and son stuff...it is what it is, but everything's gotta start somewhere, right?

Okay, so dude apparently gets the paperwork in the mail...I'd failed to tell him that I had filled out the paperwork to start garnishing his check, how do you really have that conversation with someone?  Nevertheless, I prepared myself for that phone call, and now here it was...I got the phone call at work. I shut the kids up for a sec, hid out in the back of the room and answered, "White girl (his term of endearment for me), you put me on child support?" Was that a rhetorical question?  Or did he hope to hear that all of this was a terrible mistake and they sent the papers to the wrong person? "Yes...I put you on child support...times are getting rough and I need you to help out. It's been eleven years since I've received anything from you and I think it's time you start helping out."  Long pause....I'm waiting and waiting for a response. I'm trying to take the baby-mama-in-distress route instead of the "Sign-over-them-gotdarn-checks-nigga approach".  I think it's working because in a calm and soothing voice he says, "Well White chic, I guess it is long overdue that I step up to the plate. So since I'm gonna start giving you my money, you need to start giving me that p***y! (really?)  .............more to come......

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I really wasn't expecting that last sentence. I shamefully admit, I did laugh! Congrats, you are finally get what you and your son deserve. Mom- 1 point BD-0!
    -Latoya C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to me!! But somehow it feels like that monthly check is gonna come with a whoooooooole lot of headache!!

    ReplyDelete